DURADEK . . . ONE TOUGH DECK
DESIGNING FOR DURADEKS SINGLE PLY WATERPROOF MEMBRANE SYSTEMS
If any of Duradek’s products are to be applied to an existing structure, accommodations can be made. However, a bit of preplanning in remodeling job or new deck design can ease application and help assure maximum performance.
First, it must be remembered that the membrane has to extend up any inside wall, and be covered with siding or flashing, or be secured and waterproofed by some other means.
This means that doorways and trim materials should be kept at least one and one half inches above the deck level to allow for membrane turn-up. In most cases the vinyl should be applied before the siding, which can be lapped down over it. To Provide 100% waterproofing.
Second, the membrane should extend out over and down any exterior (drainage) edge. This may or may not (depending upon what is below and the deck design) require a drip deflection device. Where exterior drainage is not possible our installers can provide special drains or scuppers.
Decks should be designed with a minimum drain slope of one inch over each eight feet to avoid pooling and puddling of the water.
If possible, railings and structural supports should be designed to fasten to the outer edges of the deck. This provides more usable room and avoids having to puncture the water proofing membrane. Caulking must be applied to any screws to fasten top mounted railings.
- Products can be applied to most any flat dry surfaces.
- Virtually maintenance free
- Fire, mildew, U.V. and slip resistant
- Fast installation, usable immediately
- Protects lumber from rotting
- Heat welded overlap seams
- 10 & 5-year written warranty
- 1-year free service warranty
- Largest selection of designer colors and film thickness
- Adds another attraction, bright usable areas to your home.